Which is the best time to visit the Greek islands?
- Naxos in April or May is time for spring, wild flowers and bird watching, hiking Naxos' inland footpaths, cycling, touring and visiting the villages, but also for glorious warm days when the beach beckons and the turquoise sea, though cool, looks inviting.
- June in Naxos is a beautiful month, not too busy but summer in progress, ideal for families with younger children or those who don't like crowds, watersports, beach and days exploring the island, evenings of great food under the stars.
- July and August are high summer, hot, blue, magical warm nights, energy exuding everywhere - the island in full swing.
- September in Naxos is a mellow month, warm sea, hot but not too hot days, laid back evenings and long sunsets.
- Visit Naxos in October for late season sun, swim in the summer-warmed Aegean, hike, cycle, learn cookery or painting in Naxos, relax!
- Every time of year has its highlights! Beautiful Naxos - any season, any reason!
Special Occasions and Celebrations
ANNIVERSARY OR A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY, HONEYMOON OR BABYMOON, WE LOVE CELEBRATING!
During your stay at Kavos we can arrange a special day for you or your family, a dinner on our private terrace for your friends and family, or romantic setting for two. Birthday cakes, boat trips, horseback riding, massage and beauty treats .. make it a day to remember!
Hiking and Culture on Naxos
EXPLORE NAXOS WITH AN EXPERIENCED GUIDE, DISCOVER THE ISLAND BEYOND THE BEACHES!
Voted one of the top islands in Europe, find out why by visiting the villages, mountains, valleys and olive groves. Discover old water mills and olive presses, see the emery mines and marble quarries, visit folk museums and local artisans, learn about the mythology and history of the island.
Ideal months are May, early June, September and October
Summer events in Naxos
In summer there is an Art and Cultural Exhibition at the beautiful Bazaios Tower as well as music or theatre performances
The Agios Prokopios Arts Festival offers live classical, jazz and Greek music and dancing, as well as film shows
Throughout the summer months there are Greek dance displays or music on the central square of Naxos town as well as in the villages of
Chalki, Filoti and other smaller villages. Check locally for information
For more information about the island visit the official website of Naxos www.naxos.gr